Monday, April 30, 2012

pinterest to the rescue!

kickstand challenged
 So we have had a problem at our house.  Kids have either forgotten how to use their kickstands, or they just don't care.

So here's what I did:


I searched Pinterest.  It solves all problems.  It is the hub of my universe. 


free wood!!!
 I went looking for free pallets one day a while back, but just found odds and ends of regular lumber.  Sweet!!!

You can't beat that with a stick.

Pun intended.

Here's the link for the bike rack I saw and copied.

I didn't cut the 45 degree angles like the pattern said, but form didn't follow function this time.  We were in a time crunch.  We had other things to do...like put bikes away!!!
my big kid helping

not fancy, just functional
 We made two racks that fit four bikes each and as you can see, the kids park their scooters there too.  There was another scooter rack on pinterest, but this works.

Nice, neat, organized and NO MORE EXCUSES KIDS!!!
no more tripping over bikes!

3 comments:

  1. so awesome, Holy cow I want to do this, can I do this. I think hubby might freak. oh yah I am gonna do this! (cause I have run over one too many bikes!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can SO do this! You are more than qualified.
    I still have to remind my three year old to put her scooter in the rack, but the racks have made a thousand percent difference.
    If I can do it, you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I love it! I had pinned something similar a while ago but never got it done! :}

    ReplyDelete

>