Wednesday, April 2, 2014

granola girl-homemade (simple easy) granola

I have a child that would eat granola for every meal if I let her.  And let's be honest, sometimes I could too...

Yesterday I was feeling domestic,  but tired so I made a batch of granola.  Simple granola.  The most very basic recipe I could find. Nothing fancy schmancy...



Here's the recipe:

10 cups uncooked oats
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 Tablespoons oil

Directions:

In a pan combine the sugar, water, oil and salt.  Heat until sugar is dissolved, but do not boil. 
Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until well coated.  Add more rolled oats if texture seems too moist.  Place on cookie sheets about 1/2 inch deep.  Bake at 425 degrees F for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Bake 15 minutes longer if you want it crunchier. 
Makes 11 cups.  Store in an airtight container.  Eat as a snack or as a cereal with milk.

Simple right?

oats

my young son had a bathroom comment about this...

so simple



grease your cookie sheet

granola girl

I added cinnamon to one cookie sheet and left the other plain, but ended up mixing the two anyway. 

The kids all gave it a thumbs up.  They had to use their thumbs because their mouths were full. :)





"that's my cereal"

Simple wholesome goodness. :)

Did I mention that this is simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment

>