Friday, April 11, 2014

birthday boy

Yesterday we celebrated Ian's 9th  birthday.

He put in his request for Krispy Kreme donuts for his class and to have a party at Chuck E Cheese.   Now being the cheapskate that I am, I was reluctant because I was thinking about all the other ways we could do it and save money, but my hubby talked me into doing what Ian wanted.   Ian said it was the "best birthday ever!" 

So let that be a lesson to me. 

Sometimes it's not about the money.  Sometimes it's about letting your hair down and having fun.  And besides, I love air hockey.  Who doesn't love a good game of air hockey?  Especially when you win.  But honestly, I tried to let him win...

back in the saddle again


I booked the party online and it was a piece of cake. To make things even easier, I didn't even make one...  I bought bakery cupcakes and ice cream cups.  Sometimes you just need to make life easy on yourself...even if it's not the same quality as homemade.

The day was so good for him that he didn't even get down when we found out that his SVT isn't gone.  What a kid.  Maybe it didn't come as such a big surprise because he had a dream a few nights ago that he had to have another ablation



Bless his heart...

I think he's holding up better than his momma... but hey, it's not the money that matters it's the boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>