Tuesday, August 26, 2014

welcome home

Oh my goodness, I haven't posted anything for such a long time.  Did you miss me? 

Anyone?

Anyone?

Well, do I have a LOT to learn about living in the country! 

We are 40 miles from the nearest big city, 20 miles through a mountain pass to the nearest bank and grocery store and only 1/4 mile from the best ice cream around.  What's wrong with this picture?  Ice cream should be far far away...(no it shouldn't)

So running to the store for those few things you forgot yesterday when you ran to the store for a few things you forgot just doesn't happen anymore.  Living this far out requires planning.  Not necessarily my strong suit, but I'm sure there's an app for that...

Regardless of being isolated from the world, I can't tell you enough how much we love living in Swan Valley, Idaho.  This summer has been magical and wonderful and hot and rainy.

We've seen moose, fox, deer, elk and raccoon mommies with her babies in the wild and have smelled a lot of skunk.  We've been mesmerized by the beautiful green and yellow fields and have loved watching the fields of grain, potatoes, mustard and hay grow and turn different colors. 

It's a lovely tight knit community and I've loved working at the local café a couple days a week and getting to know the locals and meeting some amazing tourists.

After my hubby and I married, we have moved a LOT trying to find "home". 

I think we've found it. 

Of course, we will always have a home in our childhood homes, where we went to high school and in  the place where we raised our children, but I think I can safely say that this is the place that we will call home in location and in our hearts.

Swan Valley is a mecca for fishing, beautiful scenery, simple living, and the most welcoming, kindest people we've had the pleasure of living amongst. 

I have no idea what the winter will bring.  I am sure it will be wet, cold, snowy and windy, but I am looking forward to it because after this very busy summer of working, building our business and selling the heck out of our jerky, I'm ready for some down time... *snort*

Come visit or at least stop for some yummy treats on your way to Yellowstone or Jackson Hole Wyoming or on your way South from those places.

 Here are a few (million) photos of some of the highlights of the summer...

back yard view

choke cherries

moose

deer

raspberries

raspberry freezer jam

crab apples

love note from Abby

summer birthdays

hay!

???

we all scream...

apple

purple

pot of gold

"our" pond

service berries

wildflowers
you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd
south fork
waterfall
going down?
more purple wildflowers
storm brewing
give said the little stream

wild grapes







 
 
Best of all, we got our son home from Alaska where he had his own adventure...
 Welcome home Bray!
 
look who's home!

Welcome home...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

>