Friday, October 3, 2014

minions

My six year old baby girl Abby asked me yesterday what it felt like to be "old" and what it felt like to be a parent. 
 
She's in a phase where she wants to know what other people feel like. 
 
 
So, I told her that getting "old" means my body hurts sometimes and that she should rub my back every morning to get the old joints movin'. Okay, I didn't say that last part, but should have.  "I have some back problems and it hurts to bend sometimes", I said.  "But I know more stuff, so that's good..." But then I told her that being a parent is the best because you get to love someone more than you ever knew it was possible to love that much.
 
   
So then at dinner time when one of the children was asked to get a cold drink for Dad, Abby says, "I wish I were the parent and had lots of minions to boss around."
 
Minions...
 
MINIONS!
 
 


Well, it is a perk...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

>