Sunday, May 18, 2014

heavenly Rice pudding



I usually don't blog on Sunday,  but my husband created Heaven today for breakfast so I thought it was fitting. He said and I quote "That recipe just popped into my head like a magnet." 
 
(What the what?)
 
Anyway...  This is dairy free and gluten free, but certainly not sugar free unless you wanted to use honey or something else instead.  It was totally an experiment, and you all know how some of my experiments have turned out now don't ya.  Good thing this was my hubby's experiment and really, I wanted nothing to do with it.  I was going to cook oatmeal.   Ha, jokes on me.  This was a hit!  Everybody loved it....even the second bowl.
 
Here's the recipe:

 
3 cups Minute rice
1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk plus water to make 3 cups liquid
Cinnamon to taste
1/2 cup dried cherries (or your favorite tart fruit)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
 
Directions:
 
Add all ingredients except for rice and bring to a boil.  Mix well then add minute rice.  Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for five minutes then fluff and serve.
Voila! 

 
 
 

 
This was as Heavenly as you can get. Perfect for the Sabbath day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

>