Friday, October 26, 2012

rebel without a clue

I've been away for awhile.

I've had plenty of projects under way.

Just none that I really wanted to show anyone.


 Sometimes I get a wild hair and think I'll do these projects all by myself.  Translation: without a pattern.  Without following instructions.

 I'm a rebel...


...without a clue.


 I was given a garbage bag full of navy blue sweat shirt material.

My son can't find his jacket. 



So, I thought I'd just whip one out.

Who needs a pattern?


At first try, the hood was twice as big as the boy.  So I just cut the hood off and shortened it by about two inches. 

 Let's just say that it is wearable, but it isn't going to win any awards.



Don't let his face fool you...


He loves it.

Project #2

I'm still working on this little cabinet.


still...


 

This cabinet has four, maybe five coats of paint on it.  I think I'm going to have to use a paint stripper or fashion a automatic sander with the hubby's drill 'cause I'm not getting anywhere fast sanding it by hand.


Speaking of paint...


I found this little gem at a thrift store.  I love the pressed tin look, but not too interested hanging a tin with olives on it on my wall.  I thought I'd just quickly spray paint it white and "antique" it with some stain.  Hmpf.  Not exactly what was supposed to happen...

I should have used primer, because this is what happened when I spray painted this white.


So, now I must re-do it.
I don't know about you, but the wind kind of goes out of my project sails when the project goes awry.

Sigh...

Last, but not least, I tried my hand at making my own chocolate chips.  I wrote down my experiment as I made it up.



So, if you want to make some teeth breaking, chocolate toffee-like hard tack, then by all means, put those ingredients in a pot and cook over medium heat until it's very hard to stir then let it sit in the pan until your hubby gets done with his short lunch break then bang the pan so hard on the cutting board that either the pan breaks or the concoction comes out...


 So, I am doing this project right.


With a pattern.  Instructions.  Map. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

>