Tuesday, November 13, 2012

hand washing saves lives

Meanwhile, back at the infirmary, we've been battling everything from bronchitis, to the flu to pneumonia.

We just can't seem to get on top of it.


So, I woke up one morning feeling the need to sanitize everything, buy more hand soap for the kids' bathroom and even break down and get some hand sanitizer.  I went to the store and bought several bottles of bathroom hand soap and one bottle of hand sanitizer.  I put several bottles of hand soap in the kids' bathroom.  Do you think they will get the message?
I hope so.

I don't worry about my littlest.  Her favorite thing to do is go play in the soap in the bathroom.  It's all of the above that I'm not sure about... I thought about installing a nanny cam in the bathroom to catch culprits until my hubby helped me see the error in my thinking...

I've issued an executive order that there be no more hugs, kisses or hand shaking until the end of the cold and flu season, but dang it, I'm the one that breaks the edict the most.  My kids are just too darn hug-able and kissable.

With five kids home, we spread germs like wild fire apparently.  We're like a virtual petri dish here.

Just in case you wanted to be reminded of some of the virtues of cleanliness I've compiled a few facts about the subject:

Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives



Keeping hands clean through improved hand hygiene is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Many diseases and conditions are spread by not washing hands with soap and clean, running water. If clean, running water is not accessible, as is common in many parts of the world, use soap and available water. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol to clean hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment

>