Wednesday, March 20, 2013

crack-a-lackin

It's amazing what chronic pain does for ones mood.

For years, I've struggled off and on with spine issues of some sort.

About a month ago I ended up in the ER with extreme low back pain.  Now, I've given birth naturally--twice and this back pain exceeded that tenfold.  It hurt so bad it brought me to tears and then it hurt to cry.  The pain was the worst physical pain I've had--ever.  But after the low came the high... My neck has been bothering me for months now...and not just a little bit.  Let me esplain something to you all.  I'm tough.  Physically tough.  When I was a kid and they gave inoculations in school, I was the tough kid who not only didn't cry, but watched them give me the shot. I was the arm wrestling champion.  I was the dare devil who broke both arms trying to beat the record.  I was the one who did dead men drops off the top of the swing set, not just the cross bar. As mentioned before, I gave birth naturally.  Maybe it's the 1/16th Cherokee Indian in me, I don't know, but I'm tough... ...maybe to a fault.
  I don't go to the doctor like I should.  It was my hubby who took me to the ER and it was my hubby who called the chiropractor.  Thanks hubby for caring more about me than I do.  I was on the verge of calling the back cracker, but I was still holding on...  But after he "manipulated" me I'm in a much better mood this morning waking up not in lots of pain.

The Chiropractor told me I have osteo-arthritis and degenerative disc something or other.

greeeeaaaattttttttt....  What's that song?  "I'm too young to feel this ____ old."


Anywho, this isn't meant to be a organ recital, I just wanted to jump on the "exercise is the answer to everything" band wagon.
Maybe it's the H in my ADHD that kept me moving when I was young, I don't know, but I had tons of energy before I had kids.  Now I didn't even have kids until I was 32, so you must take than into account.  Proper sleep must have something to do with it.  Anyway, needless to say, I don't get any exercise lately.  And by lately, I mean the last ten years...

So the chiropractor gave me several exercises to do and told me I need to take a brisk 25-30 minute walk every day.  He might as well have told me I need to start training for a marathon.  I'm a social exerciser.  I didn't run cross country in high school, I played basketball.  On a team.  I don't like to exercise alone.  But regardless, starting today or tomorrow, or the next... I'm getting my tennies on and am getting on that walking path and I'm gonna walk.

 Walk Forrest, walk...



I'm blogging this so I'll do it.  Maybe instead of calling this a blog I should call it a clog--a contract log.

Spring has sprung and I'm going to get my butt outside and walk it off...

...briskly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>