Tuesday, February 11, 2014

i heart my boy




(He loves her music and who she wrote this about.)

I'm pretty sure my boy would be embarrassed if he knew I was writing about him, but if he doesn't see this until he's 21, I think it'll be ok. 


My boy has/had SVT.  Supraventricular Tachycardia.  It runs in my family.  From my dads side.  Just like color blindness.  He has that too.

So my boy has been through two ablation procedures.  We have his follow up appointment for his last procedure yet to schedule--they should be calling me today--and we get to see how this last one worked or not.




poor kid has worst hair cut ever for these pics

happily sedated

clean floors!

can I just tuck that ear in that foam thing?
It's never easy seeing your child like this.  Even with this minimally invasive procedure, it still involves his heart and every time they would call from the cath lab to give me an update I would well up with emotion. 

lot's of numbers that aren't nearly 300 so that's good.
 Before his procedures, his heart would randomly race to nearly 300 beats a minute.  So this ^^^is good.

ad nauseum
He had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia the second time around.  He puked.

A. Lot.

There were no nurses there for that.  It was me.  All me.

And him of course.

Jump ahead a couple of months (moving, Christmas and waiting for my hubbies new insurance to kick in).

Two nights ago my boy and his little sister were dancing to the Piano Guys in the family room.  Wildly dancing I might add and when he stopped from exhaustion he told me "his heart hurt".

Mine sunk.

I hope it was just normal I-danced-too-hard-and-my-heart-is-beating-fast heart stuff and not something worse.  He's used to his heart beating fast.  That's what SVT is.  Maybe this is a good sign!  Maybe his SVT is completely ablated and he forgot what it feels like to have his heart beat so fast.

I know he will be okay whatever the results are at his checkup.  I know that he has been so blessed.  WE have been so blessed.  He has had the best doctors, the best nurses, the best EKG tech (cousin Carol) and the best Hospital (Primary Children's).

I know God hears and answers prayers.  My faith in God is strong.  It can be stronger of course, but I have had too many experiences where I know my prayers were heard and answered to not be a believer.  I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know He lives and loves us and succors us.  We have a Loving Heavenly Father.  I know as a parent that when my child hurts, I hurt.  I also know when they are faking it.  So when we pour out our hearts to Father in Heaven, in sincere prayer and tell Him our heart, He knows, He feels our pain and He sends comfort.  Comfort in the form of friends, family, nurses, doctors, modern technology, modern medicine, Priesthood blessings and Peace.

I pray that all will be well with my boy...


I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  If you want to know more, I invite you to check out MORMON.ORG/JESUS-CHRIST.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>