Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Momster keeping the summer dolrums away

I have noticed that TV watching brings out the fighting in my kids. I don't know why, but it does.
So I've banned it...(for a week)(and then we'll see)
 
Here's a recipe for homemade play dough that my kids love and is easy and lasts for a long time. Making it is half the fun.
 
Homemade Play dough:
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons Cream of tartar
1 cup water
1/2 cup salt
1 tablespoon oil
Food coloring
 
Directions: Cook all ingredients slowly, stirring until it forms a ball. Cool and knead until lumps are gone.
 
I stir with a whisk and there aren't any lumps to knead out. Also, I divide the dough into 3-4 portions, put them in zip lock bags, add food coloring and knead the color into the dough inside the baggie.
 
This recipe comes from the Cookin' With Home Storage cookbook, but I've seen the same recipe on the Martha Stewart show. And if it's good enough for her...
 

 

So make some homemade play dough today and keep the Momster away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

>