Wednesday, February 15, 2012

LOL challenge

 I checked out my favorite blogger, Sarah at A Beach Cottage, today and accepted her challenge in her latest post--"love it or lose it".
I love her blog.  She is real.  She lives in Australia--what's not to love about that?!
Anyway, she and I have some things in common.  She lives by the beach.  I want to.  She has an all white beach cottage.  I want one.  Hmmmmm...Well maybe me wanting what she has doesn't exactly mean that we have it in common, but one thing she and I DO have in common is our love of "collecting" stuff...

First step is acceptance right?
  right.

I'm gonna do it.  Now is the time to de-clutter.  NOW.  (This is a pep talk to myself.)

I know why it is so hard to let go of "stuff".  I've read about it.  It's because I attach an emotion to the "thing".  So I'm un-attaching to this stuff in order to lighten my load with a vow to not frequent those thrift stores--or any store.  I should try the not shopping for 30 days challenge too... Now now DeAna, one challenge at a time.

I encourage you to do the same thing.  Join me will you in Sarah's challenge.  "LOVE IT OR LOSE IT".  Brilliant btw Sarah.


Here's my schtuff...






 That would be two trash bags, one box, and a old mattress cover in a comforter bag.  One trash bag is full of my clothing, another is linens, the box, which isn't very visible is kitchen stuff.  This all took me about 1/2 an hour.
  
I think I'm going to give this same challenge to the kids when they get home from school.  I'm going to hand them a trash bag and tell them they have 15 minutes to fill it with "stuff".  Then someday when I'm brave enough, I'm going to do the same with my hubby...

This isn't where it ends.  This is only the beginning baby!  I have a storage room, a front and family room that needs a good de-clutter.  At this rate, I'll have all my spring cleaning finished before it's even spring. ha!

Next I just need to lose those extra el bee's I don't love. ;)

I encourage you all to take a load off and "love it or lose it".


2 comments:

  1. You rock!!! I took 7 bags to DI yesterday and thought.."How did I get to this place"...You inspire me!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, you took 7 bags YESTERday. You inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete

>