Wednesday, January 15, 2014

frugal vs cheap

When we moved, we gave back a bunk bed to friends that gave it to us since we weren't going to need it anymore.  We gained space and lost beds.  So I hit the D.I.

If you don't know what that store is you must not be from Utah or Idaho, but I digress.

I found a day bed.  It was originally going to be 25 bucks (that reminds me of a joke),
but the "guy" gave it to me for $15.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Scoooooooooooooore!!!

And day beds don't need box springs!  We had mattresses from the bunk beds, just not box springs.

Perfect.



I've graduated to the garage and plastic instead of rocks and grass to paint on.



I think this is the fourth layer of paint...




Painting round is hard.  So many "angles".



Needed to air out the garage.  Phew! Or as my kids say..."hyoof" which is close to "huff" which is what I was trying to avoid.


  I'm going to confess.  I'm cheap.  Really cheap.  I always fall for the .99 cent cans of spray paint and then  I'm always disappointed.  Always.  It's like my BCF (best cousin forever) says, "It's like water!"  She's cheap too.  One thing we agree on is that paying full price for good spray paint is worth it.

After blowing through two cans of the cheap stuff, I went and purchased the better stuff and it went on like a breeze.  The nozzle didn't scar my finger for life and the paint was luxuriously thick.

I'm a reformed cheap spray paint buyer.

Don't do it.

It's not worth it.

Trust me.

You get what you pay for.  Unless it's a thrift store find then you get double what you pay.

Life is full of paradoxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

>