Tuesday, March 11, 2014

souper find!





I've been wanting to add a soup tureen to my collection and on one of our treasure hunts lately I spied this!!!

It was like something out of a movie, where you see the hopeful treasure hunters head turn in slow motion to see a treasure that is sparkling and shining brightly with sunbeams shooting out of it from behind it.


Something a little like this...








I think I heard a chorus of Angels too, but that may have been the overhead music...




It didn't have a price tag on it so I took it up to the register with  the hopes that it wouldn't be more than like, 5 dollars (I said I was treasure hunting, I didn't say I wanted to spend a fortune on it).




Well this thing plugs in!  It has a cord and everything.  That wasn't part of my dream tureen, but it's kinda cool never-the-less.  Warm actually, but what ev.




So when I took it up to the register, I was told it was 2 DOLLARS "Because we don't know if it works."



It works baby...




It works.




And since it snowed this morning I think soup is still on the menu. :)














It's new place of honor.








No comments:

Post a Comment

>