Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Nanny Bag--Original Diaper Bag Design

Baby on the way...


So while my husband was making cheese, I was sewing.  I made my diaper bag for my expecting step-daughter.  She is having a girl and they are naming her Paisley.  I suggested that she pick out her own fabric since her diaper bag is going to be her purse for the next two years give or take.

This is the fabric she picked out...

teal/brown Paisley fabric choice

Sew...because all the kids were at the other parents house, we took advantage of the no kid status and got our craft on.

I can't remember how long it took me.  I had to stop at times to help with the cheese making, but I whipped this baby out in a few hours...

Here is the final result...


messenger style bag


vinyl inside for easy clean up

Dora needs a little change

So for a follow up on the "name the diaper bag contest", I have settled on the name I first came up with....drum roll please...

  The Nanny Bag TM.  

If any of you are in the market for a diaper bag, or need a gift for someone who is expecting, I know someone who can make one for you...




2 comments:

  1. nice bag the paisley is a fun print too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Maple. :) The print is fabulous. Mommy did a great job choosing it.

      Delete

>