Thursday, September 22, 2011

hunting season is upon us...

Hunting season is coming up.  My hubby is a hunter.  His oldest daughter and he "drew out" muzzle loader deer tags this year.  I don't know exactly what that means except that they are going hunting next week for deer with guns that you have to load like the olden days.

beautiful red hills...
 We went for FHE last Monday night to let the kids shoot and to "site in" hubby's new gun.  This was my kids' first time shooting.  I shot targets too but didn't get pictures of that.  I might say that I did pretty darn good.  I shot the water bottle 7 out of 9 times.  Thank you, Thank you.  That was with a .22 withOUT a scope.


Now I grew up with a dad that hunted and we would go shooting, but it's been years.  I love that my hubby hunts.  He never kills anything that we don't eat.  He's not a trophy hunter.  (Except for when he got me...;)

helping the littlest one...
found out that my 6 year old is left eye dominant so he shoots left handed...


helping our nine year old...

He passed his hunter ed with flying colors

Our oldest with her fiance'.  She out shot him...
Hubby is a certified hunter education teacher and more than capable of teaching the little ones how to shoot. He taught them gun safety and was very strict and careful with the guns and at the target practice site.  We all got to shoot a gun with and without a scope.  We each got a couple of turns to empty a clip. 

she managed to find the ONE puddle to sit in...
Then my hubby shot with the muzzle loader (land canon) and blew up that 1 liter coke bottle full of water that you see on the tailgate of the truck.  It was awesome.  You'll have to trust me on this one since I didn't get a picture of it.  Even if I'd thought about getting out my phone, I had my fingers in my ears and how do you take a picture like that?


My hubby makes the most delicious jerky EVER with some of the deer and elk meat.  He's been taking orders to make jerky out of deer or elk.  So if you're a hunter and  love great jerky, let me know and he'll get you on his list. 

I felt totally safe and we had so much fun as a family out shooting at targets.  NO one got hurt except for maybe ego's when girls out shot boys...;)
"Tactical Multi-Caliber Gun Cleaning System" (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

>