Thursday, September 29, 2011

buck fever...



I've been married to my sweet heart almost a year.  Deer season started yesterday.  That being said, I must tell you that that means I haven't witnessed deer hunt preparations.
  I already blogged about siting in the muzzle loader.  That was a fun family activity.

Well.  The night before the hunt--I mean, the NIGHT before, great-white-hunter hubby says "I make home made cookies or something to take on the hunt." "It's TRADITION".  It's late, he needs to get up early and says "it's ok, it's late and I need to get up early."  Cookies?  I don't very often bake cookies because I'm too impatient.  So I offer to go the store for cookies.  I like to whip it up, pour it in, bake it--done!


He gives me an out.  He says that it's tradition to make cookies, or zucchini bread or something home made and yummy.  Zucchini bread?  I can do that...
yes that is a bottle of peaches in the background...
It's 8:30 PM.  I start cracking eggs, measuring flour, grating nutmeg.  Yes.  I grate real nutmeg.  All the real cooks do it on Food Network.  I have to.

So, I'm grating nutmeg, measuring flour, cinnamon, oh yum... I can taste it now.  Well actually I can 'cause I just tasted the batter.

I'm thinking..."I'm the best wife...I'm keeping traditions alive!"  Hey, wait a minute...he said "I make cookies or something the night before..."  ;)

can't risk typo's after seeing off hubby at 5 AM


Grateful hubby came in the kitchen and said "It smells like heaven."  That was thanks enough.  It did smell like heaven.  It tasted like heaven too.  Here's what's left...

didn't even bother to use a cutting board...

you KNOW I have this stuff lying around...

Enjoy my friends.  I recommend it highly.  I think the rest of the family will too...deer hunt tradition or not... :)






































No comments:

Post a Comment

>