Tuesday, October 25, 2011

peanut butter balls

While the front room make over is well under way, I thought I'd throw another food post out at ya. 
I saw these on Paula Deen a loooooooong time ago and have made them for my little ones many a time, but it has been well over three years, because my three year old has never had them.  Until now.


They are easy, fast, and only a little messy.

Here's the recipe:

3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup malted milk

If you don't have malted milk, you can substitute more powdered milk in it's place.

Mix these ingredients together first with spoon and then knead until it's a play dough consistency.  Roll into balls and roll in powdered sugar, shredded coconut, or chopped peanuts if desired.

My next experiment when I don't have to hurry because I have a violin student coming, will be to melt chocolate chips and roll them in it.  Oh ya baby, midnight snack time...


  I think that these are like one of the perfect after school snacks. Peanut butter and powdered milk for protein, honey is a natural sugar to give them energy to do all their chores when they get home.

I think my three year old likes them...

She was shovin' them in fast enough...

I was too. :)

2 comments:

>