Tuesday, October 18, 2011

a peck of pickled peppers


What's that tongue twister?

That one about pickled peppers?

Is there one about bottling them?



A co-worker of my hubby's asked us to pickle his peppers.  He grows jalapenos, and banana peppers.  This all started because the hubs brought pickles--both bread and butter and dill, to work to share.  See what happens when you share?

We used the same recipe as before, but the ingredients are way different.  He wanted cauliflower, green and red sweet peppers, jalapeno peppers, banana peppers, carrots and onions in the bottles.

He's a man that knows what he wants pickled...

Here's a tip that you can thank me for later.  When handling jalapeno peppers, most of us know to wear gloves, or at the very least, don't touch your eyes or other sensitive parts before washing vigorously right?  Well, I'd suggest goggles, face mask and long sleeves.  Maybe just rent a haz mat suit.  I was coughing, sneezing, had a runny nose, was wheezing, & gagging, ok ok, not the last two, but definitely the first three.  I was surprised at this, but my hubby was sneezing too, so I don't think it was just a me thing.

We got the job done and were instructed to not pass go, not collect two hundred dollars, deliver them straight to him in his office.  He was protecting the goods.  He didn't want anybody to lift a jar or two.  That's how good they are.  I guess that's a matter of opinion because this girl is still not sold on pickled peppers.  Especially not the jalapeno kind...  Enjoy Jim.


No comments:

Post a Comment

>