Friday, January 30, 2015

Brian's cookies--homemade chocolate chip cookies

The term "chocolate chip" cookie doesn't quite do this cookie justice.

They're more like "everything but the kitchen sink" cookies.

But that's just the way we like 'em!

Now if you're the kind of person who likes to throw everything into a mixer then this is not the cookie for you. But if you're the kind of person who loves a delicious cookie then you'll need to get your hands dirty.

 But BONUS you can lick them. But don't tell the kids.  I won't let them "because of the eggs..."

I didn't believe the hubby when he said you need to mix the dough with your hands and I tried a batch in my mixer a while back. I don't know the science behind it, but they did not turn out. "SO Yeah", I mix them "by hand" now.

If you're "jones'n" for a "kitchen sink" kinda cookie, then roll up your sleeves.

Brian's Cookies

2 1/4 Cups (all purpose) flour
2 Sticks (1 cup) butter (softened)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup Brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 bag (11.5 oz bag) butterscotch chips
1/2 bag (11.5 oz bag) chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
2 cups oatmeal


See what I mean? There's no kitchen sink (or vanilla) in there...but nearly everything else.

Mix the dry ingredients with a whisk and then with your own two hand(s) proceed to mush the butter into the dry ingredients until they are both happily incorporated. Then you add the eggs and if you want you can continue to mix it with your bare hands, but that's where I draw the line. A strong wooden spoon will do the trick. Then add the chips and nuts and oatmeal "until it feels right"...

I realize I have used more quotation marks in this one post than any person ever should. "Sorry about that"...

Anyway... I used my trusty small scoop to keep them uniform and then I baked them for 12 minutes exactly at 350°.

These are some of the best cookies you'll ever "lap your lip around", but don't take my word for it, try them for yourself.



They look good enough to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>