Monday, January 26, 2015

homemade knobs--Chapter one

So I'm itching to get going on a new project.

I'm re-doing a vintage Lane Cedar Chest.

I found it at a Thrift Store over 5 years ago, but I just haven't known exactly how to re-do it.  And since I'm committing to my projects... ahem...

Anyway, so last night I was browsing the world wide web looking for vintage drawer pulls and the amber crystal knobs caught my eye and I couldn't shake it. So this morning I'm wondering how exactly would amber look on dark walnut.  Well the world wide web doesn't seem to have any help on this subject.  Does no one combine the two?  Or at least not post it on the internet?  How am I to know if it will actually work?  I don't want to spend money and wait for the man in brown to deliver them only to not like it and delay (snort) this project any longer so it gets me to thinking...

How can I make them myself?...

The answer to that question usually ends in "Oh, I have some glue..."



And a washer...




And a nut...


And some amber beads...



So now, I will either actually use them, or see what amber will look like on a dark walnut stain.


 Which is what I plan on using to turn this blonde, brunette.  


Stay tuned as this is the week for the chest makeover.

Hey!

Eyes up here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

>