Thursday, January 29, 2015

tupperware--organizing my pantry

Okay, so I have to start out by saying that years ago, I sold Tupperware.  Not for very long and kind of against my will, but I did.  I was approached by a Tupperware Director at a little fair and she bought the necklace I made, right off my neck.  She then asked (or so I thought) if I wanted to have a TW party and hey, I was game.

The next thing I knew, I was signed up to sell the stuff.

I enjoyed it, but soon found that it wasn't my thing mainly because, well, I hate plastic.  I always look for the BPA free stuff if I do buy it and I stick with Ceramic, Glass or Metal for dishes, containers and so on and I never reheat anything in plastic in the microwave.

I've had a set of storage containers now for years that I've only half used and then gave up on them entirely because I keep my sugars, flours and salt in big glass containers, but living as far away from a store as we do, I've found myself at the "bulk" section more times than not when I'm at the grocery store.

I even tried to sell this set online with no success which may or may not be a factor as to why I'm not selling TW anymore...*ahem*

anywaaaayyy...


Buying in bulk has it's advantages and disadvantages
and I've found that big bags of dehydrated potatoes, oats, rice and the like don't stack as well as these.

Nor does homemade granola which is where this all started yesterday...


In an effort to get more organized I've given in to using these plastic containers, well, because that's what I have and let's be honest if you have to use plastic, Tupper is 'ware' it's at...

*buh duh dum ching!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

>